The quickest way to access the UCLA Lake Arrowhead Conference Center is by automobile. For directions, use Google Maps or this page. There are a few alternatives
- Shuttle: We recommend Xpress Shuttles for service to Lake Arrowhead. We will arrange at least one shuttle from Ontario Airport to the venue. Participants can reserve space on this shuttle during their registration.
- TNC: the conference center is inside the Uber service area but outside the Lyft service area
- Transit: Mountain Transit’s RIM Off the Mountain offers Monday-Saturday service. A local taxi connection is required.
UCLA’s Lake Arrowhead Conference Center is 99 miles from the main campus, nestled on a lake a mile above the Pacific Ocean on the edge of the LA megaregion. There are a variety of airport options, but we encourage invited speakers to look at the Ontario airport first for the added convenience of easy ground transportation.
We will arrange for shared-ride vans to transport attendees to and from the Ontario airport to the Conference Center. You may request this shared-ride service during your registration. For those flying into other airports who would prefer not to rent a car, we recommend Burbank or LAX, which have transit connections to Metrolink’s commuter rail service.
Airports, in order of distance to the UCLA Lake Arrowhead Conference Center:
- Ontario (ONT): 45 miles; pre-arranged shuttle or car rental option; limited nonstop routes
- Palm Springs (PSP): 76 miles; car rental option; limited nonstop routes
- Santa Ana/Orange County (SNA): 80 miles; car rental option; 2nd most nonstop routes
- Burbank (BUR): 89 miles; car rental option, connecting Metrolink Service.
- Long Beach (LGB): 94 miles; car rental option; JetBlue hub
- Los Angeles International (LAX): 98 miles; car rental option, or Flyaway -> Metrolink; most nonstop routes
Traffic on Sunday mornings and Tuesday early afternoons is typically light relative to traffic during peak periods.