“As a condition to your attendance to all Lewis Center and/or Institute of Transportation Studies Events, you agree and irrevocably consent to your image and/or likeness being captured on photo, film and/or video, the benefit of which shall vest in Lewis Center for Regional Policy Studies and the Institute of Transportation Studies., it’s licensees, successors and assigns, and shall be used for promotional, marketing, and educational purposes only.”
The UCLA Lake Arrowhead Registration Fee includes much more than the typical conference registration fee.
- Attendance at all sessions
- Lodging (in semi-private accommodations)
- WiFi throughout the facility
- All meals (Sunday dinner through Tuesday lunch) and beverages (water, tea, wine)
- Four receptions, including snacks and beverages (water, lemonade, beer & wine)
- Coffee station (coffee & tea)
- Use of venue facilities (heated pool, fitness center, tennis courts, hiking trails, see more)
- Sunday lunch (unless purchased a la carte)
- Transportation to and from the venue
- Equipment rental fees for recreational activities
Most guest rooms at the UCLA Lake Arrowhead Conference Center are semi-private condolets which will be shared with another symposium attendee. These are two-story accommodations with a bedroom and private bathroom upstairs and another bedroom and private bath downstairs plus a shared parlor.
There are two floorplans. One has a private bedroom downstairs with an upstairs loft. Another has an open bedroom downstairs. Both have two private bathrooms. See more information.
- Shuttle: We recommend Xpress Shuttles for service to Lake Arrowhead. We will arrange at least one shuttle from Ontario Airport to the venue. Participants can reserve space on this shuttle during their registration.
- TNC: the conference center is inside the Uber service area but outside the Lyft service area
- Transit: Mountain Transit’s RIM Off the Mountain offers Monday-Saturday service. A local taxi connection is required.
UCLA’s Lake Arrowhead Conference Center is 99 miles from the main campus, nestled on a lake a mile above the Pacific Ocean on the edge of the LA megaregion. There are a variety of airport options, but we encourage invited speakers to look at the Ontario airport first for the added convenience of easy ground transportation.
We will arrange for shared-ride vans to transport attendees to and from the Ontario airport to the Conference Center. You may request this shared-ride service during your registration. For those flying into other airports who would prefer not to rent a car, we recommend Burbank or LAX, which have transit connections to Metrolink’s commuter rail service.
Airports, in order of distance to the UCLA Lake Arrowhead Conference Center:
- Ontario (ONT): 45 miles; pre-arranged shuttle or car rental option; limited nonstop routes
- Palm Springs (PSP): 76 miles; car rental option; limited nonstop routes
- Santa Ana/Orange County (SNA): 80 miles; car rental option; 2nd most nonstop routes
- Burbank (BUR): 89 miles; car rental option, connecting Metrolink Service.
- Long Beach (LGB): 94 miles; car rental option; JetBlue hub
- Los Angeles International (LAX): 98 miles; car rental option, or Flyaway -> Metrolink; most nonstop routes
Traffic on Sunday mornings and Tuesday early afternoons is typically light relative to traffic during peak periods.
This event is invitation-only. Attendees must receive a nomination to attend. Please enter nominees on this form. UCLA reserves the right to cancel attendee registration if they were not nominated to attend.
Once you register, we pay for you to attend even if you cancel. Thus, in most cases we cannot offer a refund. We may be able to offer refunds on a case-by-case basis through Monday, September 23rd.
Your registration is transferable, and you can change the name on your registration until October 11, 2019 by logging into Eventbrite and clicking your order on the Tickets page. Note that this doesn’t change payment responsibility from the original registrant. If you change the name of your registration, please notify us at email@example.com.
Included in the registration is the lodging for two nights and meals (Sunday Dinner – Tuesday Lunch). Lodging at the UCLA Lake Arrowhead Conference Center are semi-private cabins (condolets). Your condolet will be shared with another symposium attendee. You may request a suitemate by indicating so during the registration process. Some condolets have an open-door bedroom plan and others have a closed-door bedroom plan. Most condolets are two-story units with each level having a queen bed and full bathroom. A downstairs living room parlor with sleeper sofa, work desk and fireplace separates the two guest rooms. Due to room availability, we cannot accommodate requests for specific bedroom plans.
Yes, you can request a suitemate (that we hope is mutually agreed on) during the registration process. Our policy is to pair suitemates of the same gender unless otherwise requested. We will do our best to pair attendees from the same organization but this is not guaranteed.
The UCLA Lake Arrowhead Conference Center is a smoke free property. Due to this, we will be required to bill a smoking fee during the symposium or post check-out to guests who will be participating in smoking activities in the rooms for this event.
Yes, you will indicate your dietary preferences during the registration process. The conference center will do its best to accommodate most meal preferences (vegetarian, gluten-free, vegan, etc).
Please let us know during the registration process if you have a mobility issue and need to be housed in a room close to the main conference. The conference center will do its best to accommodate requests based on availability and medical needs. However, these accommodations are not guaranteed.
No, all attendees and guests must be registered to attend the conference and stay as a guest at the conference center. UCLA reserves the right to cancel attendee registration if they were not nominated to attend and to ask non-registered guests to leave the premises.
No, we support paperless activities when we can get away with it. No need to print out your ticket.
No, all attendees names must match the registered conference guest names. If you need to transfer your registration, you may do so by clicking your order on the Tickets page until Friday, October 11, 2019.
You can update the information on your order (such as name, email address, or answers to the organizer’s questions) by clicking your order on the Tickets page until Friday, October 11, 2019. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have already completed your registration and still want to purchase an add-on item (Ground Transportation or Sunday Lunch).