The quickest way to access the UCLA Lake Arrowhead Lodge is by automobile. For directions, use Google Maps or see the venue’s site. There are a few alternatives:
- Shuttle: We recommend Xpress Shuttles for service to Lake Arrowhead. We will arrange at least one shuttle from Ontario Airport to the venue. Participants can reserve space on this shuttle by purchasing ground transportation add-on during their registration.
- TNC: The conference center is inside the Uber service area but outside the Lyft service area
- Transit: Mountain Transit’s RIM Off the Mountain offers Monday-Saturday service. A local taxi connection is required.
The UCLA Lake Arrowhead Lodge & Conference Center is about 90 miles east of the main campus, nestled on a lake 1 mile above sea level in the San Bernardino Mountains. There are a variety of airport options, but we encourage invited speakers/attendees traveling from out of town to consider Ontario airport first for the added convenience of easy ground transportation.
We will arrange for shared-ride vans to transport attendees to and from the Ontario airport to the conference center. You may request this shared-ride service during your registration. For those flying into other airports who would prefer not to rent a car, we recommend Burbank or LAX, which have transit connections to Metrolink’s commuter rail service.
Airports, in order of distance to the UCLA Lake Arrowhead Conference Center:
- Ontario (ONT): 45 miles; pre-arranged shuttle or car rental option; limited nonstop routes
- Palm Springs (PSP): 76 miles; car rental option; limited nonstop routes
- Santa Ana/Orange County (SNA): 80 miles; car rental option; 2nd most nonstop routes
- Burbank (BUR): 89 miles; car rental option, connecting Metrolink Service.
- Long Beach (LGB): 94 miles; car rental option; JetBlue hub
- Los Angeles International (LAX): 98 miles; car rental option, or Flyaway -> Metrolink; most nonstop routes
Traffic on Sunday mornings and Tuesday early afternoons is typically light relative to traffic during peak periods.