The Conference Center is located 90 miles east of Los Angeles, and is a convenient drive from most major cities and airports in Southern California. Locally, the Conference Center is only four miles from Lake Arrowhead Village, where visitors can enjoy outlet shopping and specialty stores. For all other travel questions, please visit our FAQ page.
From Los Angeles
Freeway 10 east to the 215 north; take Freeway 210 east (Mountain Resorts). Exit at Waterman Avenue and turn left (North) at signal. Continue forward. Waterman Avenue turns into Highway 18.Stay on Highway 18 for 20 miles into the mountains to the Lake Arrowhead turnoff. This is a left turn onto Highway 173. Stay on Highway 173 for approximately 2 miles until you come to a stop sign. Turn right at the stop sign. This is a continuation of Highway 173. You will be on Highway 173 for approximately 5 miles around the lake. When you see our sign (UCLA Conference Center) take the very next left onto Willow Creek Rd. Come to the end of the road, curve to the right, and then take the next right into the Conference Center
The quickest way to access the UCLA Lake Arrowhead Conference Center is by automobile. For directions, use Google Maps or this page. There are a few alternatives
- Shuttle: We recommend Xpress Shuttles for service to Lake Arrowhead. We will arrange at least one shuttle from Ontario Airport to the venue. Participants can reserve space on this shuttle during their registration.
- TNC: the conference center is inside the Uber and Lyft service areas, though wait times for rides may be high.
- Transit: Mountain Transit’s RIM Off the Mountain offers Monday-Saturday service. A local taxi connection is required.
- Taxi: Lake Arrowhead Car Service
UCLA’s Lake Arrowhead Conference Center is 99 miles from the main campus, nestled on a lake a mile above the Pacific Ocean on the edge of the LA megaregion. There are a variety of airport options, but we encourage invited speakers to look at the Ontario airport first for the added convenience of easy ground transportation.
We will arrange for shared-ride vans to transport attendees to and from the Ontario airport to the Conference Center. You may request this shared-ride service during your registration. For those flying into other airports who would prefer not to rent a car, we recommend Burbank or LAX, which have transit connections to Metrolink’s commuter rail service.
Airports, in order of distance to the UCLA Lake Arrowhead Conference Center:
- Ontario (ONT): 45 miles; pre-arranged shuttle or car rental option; limited nonstop routes
- Palm Springs (PSP): 76 miles; car rental option; limited nonstop routes
- Santa Ana/Orange County (SNA): 80 miles; car rental option; 2nd most nonstop routes
- Burbank (BUR): 89 miles; car rental option, connecting Metrolink Service.
- Long Beach (LGB): 94 miles; car rental option; JetBlue hub
- Los Angeles International (LAX): 98 miles; car rental option, or Flyaway -> Metrolink; most nonstop routes
Traffic on Sunday mornings and Tuesday early afternoons is typically light relative to traffic during peak periods.